Shore Junction is 'Two Floors of Amazing"
Shore Junction was transformed from an empty building into a bustling hub for youth. This metamorphosis has been shaped not only by the physical construction of the space but more importantly by the myriad relationships that have been built. We have nurtured a truly diverse environment, welcoming Māori, Pasifika, rainbow, and disabled youth into the heart of our community. The warm sense of belonging, of being understood, and being supported, this is what we’ve been striving to offer each young person walking through our doors.
Youth feel safe to grow their potential and navigate the world as their authentic selves.
Shore Junction, as a safe space, will foster a community where young people are able to connect, grow and build the confidence to be their authentic selves. Through the lens of our 5 pillars and no financial barriers, we will be able to provide opportunities and pathways where young people are included, supported and empowered.
Shore Junction offers next generation facilities and integrated services that support innovation, learning, wellbeing and creativity, enabling young people to accelerate their potential and embark on their future pathways to success.
Shore Junction is for all young people to use free of charge, creating a space that provides an even playing field. Young people are able to access free of charge a fully equipped music room and digital suite, an arts area, an exercise area and a technology area with 3D printers, Maker Space, Robotics, electronics all supported by study areas and meeting rooms.
Shore Junction has identified five key pillars that will shape programme delivery!
These pillars or programme areas embody our overall strategic intent, and best respond to our intentions for impact. They also represent the areas where the needs identified by young people, their ideas and aspirations, and evidence of effective practice best converge.
Our pillars will...
- Enable young people to explore their creativity and develop enterprise ideas through access to advanced technologies.
- Support young people to develop the technical skills that they need to be future-ready.
- Provide a space to explore how youth-designed technologies can change the way we live, work, and play.
- Provide programmes that enable young people to develop key business skills.
- Create pathways into business and enterprise for emerging young talent.
- Connect young people with mentors and other resources to support their exploration of business ideas as emerging entrepreneurs.
- As a space, Shore Junction is a blank canvas for social enterprise development. Young people can use the building fora wide range of enterprise activities – including marketing, hosting events, developing technology or testing new business ideas.
- Offer integrated programmes and services that enhance youth well-being.
- Create opportunities for young people to connect with one another, developing an increased sense of belonging.
- Provide opportunities for young people to develop leadership roles and influence local, regional and national decision-making.
- Enable young people to engage with their wider community and grow their impact as young social change-makers.
- Create an engaging environment that is focused on innovation and experienced-based learning.
- Support young people with resources and programmes that enhance their educational outcomes.
- Connect young people to higher education and employment pathways.